Membrane switches manufactured by Telamco are often made with HeatSeal ® technology that seals out harmful contaminants that can damage the switch. One of those contaminants is water. Where do you need a waterproof switch? There are many functions that would benefit from using a waterproof membrane switch. It often extends the life of the switch.
Use Examples for a Waterproof Switch
- Exterior Switch – Switches that are out in the weather elements need waterproof protection to continue to function. How well will a switch work after it has experienced rain or snow falling onto it?
- Bathroom/Shower/Locker Rooms – Bathrooms and shower area are constantly damp. Switches without waterproof technology easily corrode and malfunction. Waterproof is a necessity here.
- Pools & Water Parks – Not only do pools and waterparks have lots of water, but also lots of activity. The water doesn’t always stay in the pool when kids are splashing, swim teams are competing, and families are enjoying an adventure. Protect equipment around the pools.
- Agriculture/Farm – Farming operations often test the limits of equipment with their hard work. That isn’t an exception when it comes to switches. The more robust the better. Plus, when there are waterproof features the cleaning of equipment is much more efficient.
- Healthcare/Hospital – Infection control and cleaning regulations within healthcare facilities require many waterproof devices. The switches on products, or in buildings aren’t any different.
- Car Wash – Next time you’re in a car wash see if you notice any switches. There is a lot of water moving around in a car wash. No question that sealed switches are needed here.
- Fire Fighting Equipment – Telamco helped manufacture a switch for fire fighting equipment. It needed to withstand environments with water, and also function when trying to control the device while wearing heavy protective equipment.
- Commercial Kitchens – These spaces are used to prepare food and are cleaned regularly. Providing waterproof functionality helps maintain a sanitary and clean location for food preparation.
- Water Sport Equipment – If you’re taking a boat or other water sport equipment out on the lake they will come in contact with water. Make sure your switches can withstand the water without deterioration.
- Vehicles – Interior or exterior switches on a vehicles can benefit from waterproof technology. Cars, trucks and other vehicles are driven and are often parked in the elements. Without a waterproof switch they may not have long life span.
Are you using equipment or working in environments like those above? While you may not always think about the details of switch construction, think about how much moisture is in those areas. Using components that withstand water intrusion are often helpful in maintaining functioning equipment.
Interested in learning more about membrane switches that are hermetically sealed?Sealed Membrane Switches