When your product needs a membrane switch what are the questions you consider when designing it? Everyone has their opinion about how to approach the design. As a manufacturer we have insight about designing a membrane switch and how it can be made efficiently. There are a few questions to ask.
Questions to Consider
- What is the fit, form and function of this membrane switch within your product? (We know that is really three questions, but they are pretty standard and go together so well!)
- How are you planning to integrate the controller circuitry into the user interface?
- Consider the cost of failure if not done right. How could this component impact downtime and your reputation if it doesn’t function properly?
- What lead time constraints do you have? Consider this for initial design/production and ongoing production runs.
- Budget – How much do you want to spend on product of this product? There are large variations in component quality, features and design that can be considered. You’d be amazed what a wide range of costs can exist.
These are some of the basics to consider. Every product and design is unique. Bring your manufacturer into the design stage as soon as possible. The Telamco Engineering team appreciates being part of your design discussions from the beginning. When this happens it is normally a very efficient process. Like your Engineers and Designers know your product, Telamco Engineers know membrane switches. Ask yourself the five questions above to start your project. Let us help you build a quality membrane switch efficiently and cost effectively.Contact Telamco To Start Your Membrane Switch Project