Engineers have standards and regulations to learn in their respective industries. These can change regularly and one way to stay on top of those changes is by being a part of and following engineering organizations and associations. They also provide opportunities to connect, network and build resources with others. Quite often at Telamco we work with Electrical and Mechanical Engineers throughout the design and manufacturing process of membrane switches and other products. Plus, we have our own in-house Engineers. We were thinking about all the various organizations and associations that exist to support Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, so we started a list.
Electrical and Mechanical Engineer Associations and Organizations
Here are some of the engineering organizations we see often in the industry.
- ASME – The American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- ASEE – American Society for Engineering Education
- ASEM – American Society for Engineering Management
- IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- NAE – National Academy of Engineering
- NSPE – National Society of Professional Engineers
Which engineering associations and groups are we missing? Let us know, so we add them to our list.Contact Telamco