When you’re looking for a custom membrane switch know that Telamco can help. We’ve proudly manufactured custom membrane switches for a variety of industries, while being in busines over 50 years. Custom membrane switches are an interface between people and devices that provide simple operation and consistent forward movement.
We’re here to help answer your questions about creating quality membrane switches that fit your requirements. Assisting in the design process and manufacturing a quality product are both valuable contributions to your projects.
You can provide the design completed or work with our in-house Engineers to work through the custom membrane switch design process during consultation. We’ll help make sure the design is efficient, user-friendly, and as cost effective as possible. We’ll work with you to determine the best solution for your needs. To do this effectively we follow a basic four step approach:
- Discover your needs
- Determine a direction
- Develop a plan
Each custom membrane switch design can be unique and require different components. Most often a switch contains variety of the following items selected to match design specifications.
- Graphic Overlays – The look of your product. The graphic overlay is the top layer in your membrane switch assembly. It is the interface that connects your device to the end user.
- HeatSeal® – An optional addition on each membrane switch, HeatSeal® technology produces a true hermetically sealed tactile switch/keypad.
- Lighting – A variety of button light options from Telamco allows you to highlight a button, provide reassurance a button was pushed or allow viewing in dark areas. Whether your requirements include backlighting or indicator LEDs, we’ll work with you to find a lighting solution.
- Circuits – Screened silver, flexible printed circuits and printed circuit boards (PCB) are all
- Domes – Stainless steel or polyester – Button actuation force can be varied depending on your needs. There are also times when an audible click is necessary, a tactile dome switch can help achieve that result.
- Embossed Graphics- A tactile dome is formed in the graphic layer to create a raised and tactile feel.
- Connectors – Dependent on customer’s needs, we have a variety of connecting options, such as printed traces-ZIF, male/female connectors-latching and polarized and solder tabs.
- Back Panels – Back panels are available in a variety of materials and can be either stock or custom made to fit your application.
- Customizations – Other additions included as needed and required by custom design specification.
Each of these components can be incorporated into your custom membrane switch design. Share your ideas, ask for assistance – we’re here to help you move your project from concept to reality!Contact Telamco Today