New product development can be an exciting and challenging process. There are many parts to each product that is designed and then produced. When a product needs a membrane switch it is beneficial to involve an expert from the start. Telamco offers consultation support to help make your product design efficient.
New Product Development Challenges
Like everything there are challenges involved in new product development. Sometimes it seems that people think products just appear, but there is often long process involved in creating a new product. We hear about struggles from the customers that we work with, so we strive to make their product development process as smooth as possible. There are a number of struggles that product designers and developers experience, such as:
- Sensitive timelines – Deadlines exist for many reasons. Sharing time expectations and any time sensitive needs immediately can eliminate rushed projects or overdue deadlines.
- Product designs that don’t match production capabilities – Designing an amazing product, but then realizing after the fact that the design of a particular component is not possible is frustrating and causes delays.
- Limited production budgets – Every project has a budget. Estimating costs accurately and sharing limitations with vendors ensures you’ll receive the right product that fits your budget needs.
- Overlooked components – Is every part needed for your product accounted for in the plan? Perhaps one vendor includes more components on the part they supply than another vendor. Things get overlooked from time to time. Be aware and clear about specifications.
- Vendor and manufacturer communication – Being clear with requirements, expectations, and capabilities from the start is important for both the vendor and the manufacturer, so confusion and frustration is avoided.
- Over-promised capabilities – Frustration develops when companies commit to things they aren’t capable of doing. Which is why Telamco isn’t afraid to provide a referral if your request doesn’t match our capabilities.
- Creation without a goal in mind – What is the goal of the product? What do you want it to do and what sales or production goals do you have? With a goal in mind everyone can work together to reach the same end result instead of working against each other.
The Telamco Approach
There are different ways to handle and approach each of these situations. Normally there is a reasonable solution when time and effort are put into a project. When product designers and developers work with Telamco we’ll discuss each of these topics to make sure our committment matches your expectation. We’ll help you develop your product. Telamco Engineers prefer to be involved early in the project to help ensure the project is efficient and effective.
Telamco consultation support follows a standard four-step approach; discover, determine, develop, manufacture. Learn more about this approach. If this is a fit for your product design and you’re looking for a membrane switch manufacturer contact us today. We’ll move your project from concept to reality.Request a Consultation